"Very clean, great facilities, very friendly staff, nice pool -- highly recommended!" Helen, stayed July 2014
All rooms are well appointed throughout the property set amongst landscaped tropical gardens with direct access to the sparkling shade covered swimming pool, BBQ facilities, reception, internet café, outdoor lounge and TV area.
The Kimberley Croc Backpackers YHA offers 24 hour air-conditioning in the rooms at no additional charge, complimentary transfers to the Greyhound bus station and a daily complimentary sunset tour to Kelly’s Knob Lookout. The ablution blocks are conveniently located comprising of communal facilities and in the new accommodation block guests can enjoy the comfort and privacy of individual bathroom cubicles.
Facilities available to the public (and residents)
LAUNDRY (including Clothes Dryer)
2nd HAND BOOKS/EXCHANGE
INTERNET (Wireless hot spot, plus computers for use) - available 24 hrs
Facilities also available to residents
BBQ Area (picnic tables)
Kitchen (dishes, utensils, and storage space)
Job Notice Board
Swimming Pool with Tropical gardens
Transfers (bus and airport)
New, Clean Toilet and Shower Facilities
Air-Conditioning in all rooms
Free Sunset Tour
Reception open from 8am –6pm will help with any queries, and features EFT facility where you can pay by card and get cash out. Night Manager on site for late night check ins.
- Guests can relax in the outdoor lounge and TV area to watch their favourite show or challenge someone to a game of darts, table tennis, Bocce or a variety of board games. During the wet season these activities are moved into an air conditioned room for guest comfort.
- BBQ facilities are available for guests to use as an alternative to cooking in the kitchen. This area is very well utilised, particularly in the dry season, providing the ultimate ‘Australian experience’.
- A safe and secure luggage storage facility is available for guests to store their luggage whilst out on tour or if departing after check-out time. Guests can continue to enjoy the facilities until their scheduled departure time at no extra cost.
- A range of maps and local information have been developed to assist guests in finding their way around the area and accessing local attractions.
- A tour desk and free booking service offer guests an extensive range of activities. All staff are extremely knowledgeable about Kununurra and the surrounding areas, having taken advantage of familiarisation tours provided by the tour operators.
- Guest information sheets are available in all rooms outlining all the facilities and amenities at the backpackers and general information on Kununurra.
- The kitchen is fully equipped with an open plan layout offering everything needed to prepare a gourmet meal. Equipment includes microwave convection ovens, auto boil urn, commercial toaster oven, large glass door refrigerators, 3 x four ring gas burners, stainless steel benches, exhaust fans with lights over each gas burner and labeled drawers for guests to store food. There is cutlery and crockery available for a small deposit at front reception.
- An extensive library is available to guests to all times. Guests can read books during their stay or exchange a book and take it with them. There is also an extensive DVD/video collection available for guest use in the TV room.
- A vending machine offering a selection of refreshments is available 24 hours a day.
- An EFT facility is available for guest convenience. Cash out is available or alternatively there is an ATM across the road.
- Laundry facilities with washing machines and dryers are available for the guest’s convenience with individual bio-degradable packaged washing powder available for purchase at the office. An iron and ironing board is also available to the guests.
- Outlets to charge mobile phones are installed beside each bed in the new rooms.
- Availability of online bookings through YHA.
Winner of the ‘Best Commercial Garden 2008’ at the Kununurra Agricultural Show.